FAA Part 61 – Initial Commercial Certificate (Single and Multi Engine)
This course is the beginning of your career as a commercial pilot. Upon completion of this course you will be employable for various commercial pilot jobs. This course is also one of the pre-requisites for Certified Flight Instructor course.
FAA CPL Eligibility Requirements
- Be able to speak and understand the English language
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a current FAA Private Pilot Certificate
- Have logged at least 250 hrs flight time
- Hold a current FAA class II medical certificate
- Pass a FAA written examination with a score of 70% or more
- Pass an Oral and Flight test with an FAA Flight Examiner
During this course your flight skills will be refined and honed. Training is conducted in complex aircraft in preparation of your career as a Commercial Pilot.
Your training entails:
- 20 hours of training and instruction (10 hours on a PA28 and 10 hours on a PA44)
- 10 hours of ground instruction
- 1 Theory test
- Optional addon/upgrade to a multi engine CPL, needs 15 hours flight and 5 hours ground instruction.
- 2 flight tests
Based on a full time course, you should expect to take 2 weeks.
NAC stock a full range of FAA CPL books and equipment. We suggest you purchase the books and equipment prior to your arrival, click here to purchase them online and have delivered to your door today.
Please CONTACT US for a personalized quote based on your individual training requirements and options.