FAA Part 61 – Private Pilot License
The FAA private pilots licence (PPL) course is designed for a pilot who wishes to fly in the US or rent an “N” registered aircraft throughout the World. This licence also allows pilots to fly throughout the World as an ICAO licenced pilot and is far less restrictive than many of the Worlds licensing authorities for maintaining currency/renewal and particularly for the medical examinations.
FAA PPL Eligibility Requirements
- Be able to speak and understand the English language
- Hold a current FAA class III medical certificate
- Pass a FAA PPL written examination with a score of 70% or more
- Pass an Oral and Flight test with an FAA Flight Examiner
Total of 40 hours must include the following:
- 20 Hours of Flight Instruction
- 10 Hours of Solo Flight Time
You will also receive 5 hours of pre and post flight ground instruction during this course.
A FAA Private license also incorporates night flying privileges.
Based on a full time course, a novice will need 3-4 weeks to complete depending on the individuals experience and preparation for the course.
NAC stock a full range of FAA PPL books and equipment. We suggest you purchase the books and equipment prior to your arrival, click here to purchase them online and have delivered to your door today.
Please CONTACT US for a personalized quote based on your individual training requirements and options.